The A&S Summit for Undergraduate Research, Scholarship, and Creative Activity (URSCA) provides undergraduate students with an opportunity to highlight their research and creative activity.
In addition to showcasing the excellent work of our undergraduates, URSCA allows students to benefit from the mentorship of A&S faculty mentors; gain experience presenting; compete for cash prizes; and network with their peer student presenters and attendees.
The 2018 Summit was held Friday, April 13, 2018, in Moody Music Hall.
- Morning: Oral presentations in Moody’s Classrooms Wing
- 1:00-2:00pm: Creative Interlude in Moody’s Concert Hall, featuring a selection of performance and creative arts by A&S students
- Afternoon: Poster presentations in Moody’s Million Dollar Band Wing
Attendance is open to the public, but presenters are undergraduate students currently enrolled in any program at The University of Alabama, and who have A&S faculty mentors. Students who are not presenting are encouraged to attend and gather a few tricks on how to win at future editions.
Submit the A&S Summit Registration Form by Wednesday, March 21, 2018.
Student presenters may choose to show their work as either a poster on an oral presentation. The College will pay for the printing of posters received by University Printing by Friday, April 6, 2018.
The College will award cash prizes to oral and poster presentations within each of the three academic divisions — humanities and fine arts, natural sciences and mathematics, and social sciences (24 prizes in total):
- 1st place, Dr. Laura Busenlehner Award: $250 (6 total)
- 2nd place: $150 (6 total)
- 3rd place: $100 (6 total)
- 4th place: $50 (6 total)